Wireless works too well! var: wrt54gs dd-firmware

Phillip Sc. Boegh psb at ipl.dtu.dk
Sun Nov 20 09:21:01 UTC 2005

Hi Harry Wert

> Sounds as if the router is blocking.  Suggest entering the router setup
> and VERY carefully checking all security sections making certain ALL
> security options are disabled - even if you are positive they are
> correct. It only takes one setting to cause your problem.  I am
> especially suspicious since it doesn't work under Windows.  Once you get
> it working you can then carefully add back security options minus the
> one causing the problem.  Based on what you have told me I don't thing
> it is either a Windows or Linux problem.  Good luck.
This is normal debugging procedure - and I have tried that. That means
there must be a 2 combination error maybe that I use WDS and something in
connection to that - but it is only an idea. I need some direct
suggestions because 6 other people rely on me so I cannot change
experiment too much as it put down their internet-connections.

MAYBE I have Disabled the MAC adresses in wireless - which only should
make wireless open to all? but is it a unriscy way?

Best regards

Phillip