scan to pdf

Sarangan Thuraisingham sarangan.thuraisingham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:47:25 UTC 2005

Troy Piggins wrote:
> I have xsane working fine, but it only gives options to save to
> tiff, jpeg, and ps etc.  I mostly scan to pdf format these days.  I
> ended up having to use gimp on a windows machine to print a jpeg
> image to a pdf creater print driver.

You could do the same with Linux. Open the image file in pdf and print
to file 'output.ps'. Then, run 'ps2pdf output.ps output.pdf'. I tested
it and it works. Few problems though, ps2pdf assumes that ps is meant
for standard paper size. So in the converted pdf file you get margins.
This is not the case in the original ps file though.

--
Regards,
  - Saru

    Tux is the Best