Breezy crashes badly on any update !!

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Tue May 31 07:20:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 02:46 pm, hrumland at telusplanet.net wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I tried to update in several scenarios to Breezy from Hoary and from the
> first Breezy CD released. In both cases the X System was afterwards
> unusable complaining about a false configuration of X windows, after the
> update procedures were applied. Also later updates not resolved the problem
> so far and let the X system in an unusable status. Any workarounds fixes
> available so far ..... has any body experienced the same problem ?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

I saw some comments recently that the whole breezy repository is undergoing a
C library upgrade.   So  lots of stuff is in a state of flux (polite way of
saying 'broken').  Wait a week or two for things to settle down again, or
don't run breezy - it's unstable for a reason :)

Cheers,

James
--
We've sent a man to the moon, and that's 29,000 miles away.  The center
of the Earth is only 4,000 miles away.  You could drive that in a week,