Breezy crashes badly on any update !!

Tim Leslie tim.leslie at gmail.com
Tue May 31 06:10:38 UTC 2005

I've had similar issues with xorg config being broken after an update.
If you look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log (or similar) you should see it
complaining about a "Generic Mouse" which it can't find. To fix this,
edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf. In the block Section "ServerLayout" you need
to remove the line that mentions the Generic Mouse.

After this, sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart should get X back up and
alive for you. This is what worked for me on two machine which I
recently upgraded to Breezy and then had problems with. This all
assumes you're having the same problem. If you have a different
problem please give some more details so we can help track it down.

Cheers,

Tim