Error when shuting down

Todd Deshane deshantm at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:17:42 UTC 2005

I have the same problem shutting down. When I am at the
gdm login screen and click on either shutdow or reboot
it doesn't work.  Instead it is taking input into the username
and passord fields and after clicking a couple times it gives
an error message invalid username or password.  I have
to switch to a console and login as root and poweroff manually.

It just started happening recently maybe an update that
was bad?