Screensavers Not Working

Jacob Walch jacobw at techie.com
Tue May 31 09:35:07 UTC 2005

I just recently started using Kubuntu and I've noticed that most of my KDE screensavers simply don't work (some do).
Trying to figure out what the problem was, I decided to test some on the command line.  Doing so results in the following
error message: "Unable to resolve Xmu symbols - please check your Xmu library installation."  So I did a google search to
see if anybody had the same problem.  I only found a couple, but I couldn't seem to find a solotion.

What I did get from google is that this has somthing to do with libXmu.  Checking my own system, I find that I do, in fact,
have this library (libXmu.so.6.2).  My next thought was that there might be an update that would fix this so I fired up Ksynaptic.
Making sure to update the package information first, I then tried to update my system.  Well, apparently, I'm as updated as I
can get.  So anyway, I was hoping somebody would know know how to fix this.

Thanks,

Jacob