Hoary xpdf binaries have disappeared

paul cooke paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 27 16:52:02 UTC 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 17:08, Mike Bird wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 02:41, Colin Watson wrote:
> > There is a high degree of automation in our archive maintenance, but,
> > like most things, it isn't perfect. main<->universe migration still has
> > a manual component.
>
> Because of the way we cross-check our mirrors, I tend to see such
> problems before most people.
>
> In future, would you like a heads up (to which address?) or shall I just
> assume that the archive will fix itself after a day or two?
>
> I note that the various Packages.gz are rebuilt often.  (Hourly?)
> Perhaps whatever rebuilds the Packages.gz would be a good place to check
> and issue a warning email if a package is missing.

would it be possible for Breezy to have a safe day each week where nothing
gets changed and the details of that day made known... back during hoary dev,
I got caught out twice with hoary being in the middle of a large update of
gnome or whatever and things got messy for a couple of days...

If there was a safe day, then I would only do an upgrade on that day rather
than as and whenever...

just my 2 p's worth ;)