Hoary xpdf binaries have disappeared

Mike Bird mgb-ubuntu at yosemite.net
Fri May 27 16:08:27 UTC 2005

Hi Colin,

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 02:41, Colin Watson wrote:
> There is a high degree of automation in our archive maintenance, but,
> like most things, it isn't perfect. main<->universe migration still has
> a manual component.

Because of the way we cross-check our mirrors, I tend to see such
problems before most people.

In future, would you like a heads up (to which address?) or shall I just
assume that the archive will fix itself after a day or two?

I note that the various Packages.gz are rebuilt often.  (Hourly?)
Perhaps whatever rebuilds the Packages.gz would be a good place to check
and issue a warning email if a package is missing.

--Mike Bird