gdm not starting

Michael michael_six at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 23 15:40:54 UTC 2005

I have been tinkering around trying to get more screen resolutions in
GNOME, however when I tried to change them it caused gnome to freeze,
unfortunately on an unsupported setting.  So I am guessing that when gdm
treis to start up it tries to use that setting because gdm will no
longer start up.  Xorg.0.log has always done a good job of confusing me,
and now it is saying something about needing a screen defined for each
resource or something to that effect.  I shudder at the idea of having
to reinstall the whole ubuntu, as I have downloaded many packages that
were not small (to me) for it.  Does anyone on this list know how I can
fix this?

--Mike S