evms help

chang hottern40 at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 15:38:00 UTC 2005

Good Day

I'm using Ubuntu warty  with image 686-smp (hoary
horribly crashed). My
system is to be a file server & I setup EVMS to handle
all the drives.
It's a little confusing . I have 8 drives connected
through 2 ide
systems. 1st > mainboard promise-lite raid controller.
2nd > pci
silimage-649 controller card.

I tried to intermingle the drives between controllers
to obtain the best
access/speed ratio (mas/sla on different channels)

My test setup is:
 raid5-region/md0
[hde(mas),hdg(sla),hdi(mas),hdk(sla)]
 raid5-region/md1
[hhdf(mas),hdh(sla),hdj(mas),hdl(sla)]

Can I somehow combine the 2 regions as 1 volume either
EVMS or
compatible EVMS, or is there a better setup with EVMS
to do?

Thanks
chang