Ipod+automount+hoary

Edgar Almonte samudhio at gmail.com
Sun May 22 13:41:49 UTC 2005

hello , first of all sorry for my english level , are not my native
language maybe exist another list with my native language but i pretty
sure this is more bigger that other sorry again.

well i have a problem ( really ? ) hehe , when i connect the ipod to
the pc ( usb way )
ubuntu mount it automatic i can access the data and _WRITE_ inside it
, but when i access the ipod with gtkpod example make the ipod
unwriteable , i open a terminal and tape mount when that happen and
saw this :

/dev/sdb2 on /media/MOMENT type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,quiet,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=077,iocharset=utf8)

and i think was ok.

proof of i can write before use gtkpod:

navy at Moment:~$ cd /media/MOMENT/
navy at Moment:/media/MOMENT$ ls
Calendars  Contacts  Data Files  iPod_Control  MyIpodMusic  Notes  Stuff
navy at Moment:/media/MOMENT$ touch test
navy at Moment:/media/MOMENT$ ls
Calendars  Contacts  Data Files  iPod_Control  MyIpodMusic  Notes  Stuff  test
navy at Moment:/media/MOMENT$ rm -rf test
navy at Moment:/media/MOMENT$

Mount output before gtkpod use:

/dev/sdb2 on /media/MOMENT type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,quiet,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=077,iocharset=utf8)

is not only with gtkpod with easytag happen de same.

thanks for all