How to remap Keymap?

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Sun May 22 11:27:58 UTC 2005

Hi all!

I own a G3 Powerbook Pismo, which is a fine maschine and with ubuntu
really rocks. But there are still some things I'd like to optimize...
One is the keymap. So the pismo got a key next to the spacebar (in the
right), which is used as return. This behavior I don't really need,
because I got an return key. What I'd like to have is a delete Button,
because there's only <- on the keyboard, which can't be used to erase
(move to trash) icanos, files, etc.
In debian I did this by changing the xfree86 keymap. I tried in ubuntu
too but it didn't work. So in debian I needed to change my keymap at all
to get the german Charekters äöüß.....
So I had a look at xfree86 keymap and found that it looks like the
original one, I also got preinstalled in debian. Is this really used?
Anyone can help me?

THX, Rainer