ATI Radeon 9200 dilemma :(

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Sat May 21 00:58:33 UTC 2005

Hi Karl,

> Does anybody have a clue how I can play my games AND watch my films?

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, I use fglrx, and it works fine for me.
The problem you are having may be related to how X is configured.
Posting your xorg.conf file would allow us to help a bit more.

How did you config X?

Did you use fglrxconfig?

The fglrx driver has lots of options, many use "sensible" defaults but
a bunch of them really should be set properly. fglrxconfig will help
you do this.

I can always post my working xorg.conf for you, if you need. Even
though I have an 9600 it should probably work for you.

Hope this helps,

Matt