X server error on startup

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Thu May 19 02:23:20 UTC 2005

> Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? Should i try
> reinstalling the xserver from "safe mode"?

You can try that.

X is being moved to a new package structure. Additionally the process
of bringing in X11R7 has also begun. X, along with everything else
right now is very much in flux and this is bound to happen.

As of this evening I updated my breezy system and all the latest X
packages are availible for installation. Try

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

again and see if that works. It should bring in all the latest stuff
and should work a bit better.

Hope this helps,

Matt