X server error on startup

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu May 19 03:29:23 UTC 2005

> X is being moved to a new package structure. Additionally the process
> of bringing in X11R7 has also begun. X, along with everything else
> right now is very much in flux and this is bound to happen.
>
> As of this evening I updated my breezy system and all the latest X
> packages are availible for installation. Try
>
> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> again and see if that works. It should bring in all the latest stuff
> and should work a bit better.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Matt

Oops, just did that... X stil won't start, but the network is broken as
well now, so I can't update anymore ! :-O
Oh well, I will just have to wait for the next Colony CD to be released,
and reinstall from that...
Hopefully by then, there will be some interesting changes to look
at/report bugs on, as right now, despite being a month and half old
already, hence 25% down the release cycle, it's still very much Hoary...
albeit completely broken of course ;-)

--
Vince