German localisation problem with 5.04

Claas Langbehn claas at rootdir.de
Tue May 17 15:31:03 UTC 2005

Hello,

when installing hoary, I told him to use "C" as system locale.
Lateron I ran "dpkg-reconfigure locales" and added more locales
to my system. In my /etc/locale.gen there are the following entries now:

de_DE ISO-8859-1
de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8
de_DE.UTF-8 at euro UTF-8
de_DE at euro ISO-8859-15

When I logged in with gdm, I selected to use de_DE.UTF-8 at euro.

So far so good, but my gnome desktop is using english and german now.

For example the menu (top panel / left hand side) has "Applications --
Places -- System"
and inside the pulldown menu it is german. Nautilus is completly in english.

How do I get X to be in german, while the system itself is using the "C"
locale?

Environment vars are upon others:
GDM_LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 at euro
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 at euro