installing OPERA

René L. Reingard reingard at hispeed.ch
Thu May 12 19:11:11 UTC 2005

Hello Lee H. in beautiful Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada!

>> I downloaded Opera and I think I installed it but when I click on Opera
>> in the programs menu nothing happens.  I haven't the faintest idea what
>> to do next.

months ago i did install OPERA under Ubuntu Warty as follows:

1. downloaded the <opera.DEB> file from www.opera.com (in Linux Distro
choosing: Debian) to my home folder

when i tried to install this DEB-pack the error was coming up that some
other stuff needs to be installed first. so i did as promted:

2. write in terminal: $  dpkg --install libpng12-0

3. type in terminal: $ dpkg --install libqt3c102-mt

4. run in terminal: $ dpkg --install name-of-opera-deb-file.deb

i hope this still works. i see that 'libpng12-0' and 'libqt3c102-mt' are
part of standard Ubuntu, so you also get it throu Synaptic, just install
them first - if not allready installed - and then install the
opera.deb-pack by: $ dpkg --install name-of-opera-deb.deb

regards,
René

++ Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul:
http://www.opera.com/m2/