WPA support

esqueleto at tusofona.com esqueleto at tusofona.com
Mon May 9 13:47:06 UTC 2005

Hello

I'm new at this thing about Ubuntu, but, for what I notice, this is a great
distribuition.
Almost everything is at a distance of a click. I love linux, but I'm not a good
SA and I don't want to know many thing about the low level configuration.

One example for what i'm saying is the Wireless Configuration and the switch to
Wired Conficuration.
For now we don't have the automaticly detection of Wired or Wireless like
NetworkManager do, but, maybe in the next Ubuntu release there will be
something like that.

For now, I'm trying to configure the WAP access to my Job and Scholl network. In
both case we don't have a WAP-PSK (like mostly all examples) by anything else. I
have to supply the login and password to access the network.

This are the thinks that a Desktop User does not need to know. This low level
configuration, and becase of that, when do we have this kind of support on
Ubuntu?
What list this email should go to ask for this feature?
What group in Ubuntu develop should be helped for this feature shoul be
implemented?

tkx in advance
Paulo Aboim Pinto
Odivelas - Portugal