special needs

Scott Berry scott at citlink.net
Mon May 9 13:51:41 UTC 2005

Hello there list,

My name is Scott and I found out about this distribution of Linux
yesterday while reading a newsgroup.  I have a couple of questions
however, first of all I am totally blind and need access to the
screen.  Have you looked at implementing Speakup a screen reading
program which can be found at http://www.linux-speakup.org.  To get
the tar ball you may go to ftp://ftp.braille.uwo.ca and find it
there.  Secondly, would you be able to include Brltty for those of us
who do not have a serial port because once we install Brltty we could
then begin to use Brltty right away.  You may find Brltty at
http://dave.mielke.cc.  I really think this would be
great.  Secondly, could there be a question in your installation
which says something like:  Do you need to use Braille and speech
devices? (Please remember that speech and braille devices installed
only work under the text console, however, you may find Gnopernicus
once you have installed the system.)  I think this would make things
much better as for disabilities.