vncserver and hoary

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Sun May 8 12:40:33 UTC 2005

On 6 May 2005, at 16:06, Matthew S-H wrote:

> What about the best combination between a MacOS X.3 computer and
> Ubuntu?
> I am currently running something called "Chicken of the VNC" together
> with the built-in version of VNC on Hoary.
> CotVNC worked perfectly fine with Warty's built-in VNC, but it runs
> TERRIBLY slow with Hoary's VNC.  Any tips?
>
> ~Matt

Just started using VNC with OS X yesterday - a frustrating experience.

Chicken of the VNC is, as you say, terribly slow; I had better luck
with VNCThing - which has now disappeared off the web.

There's also VNC viewer
http://homepage.mac.com/kedoin/VNC/VNCViewer/
(this page has a list of other VNC OSX clients)
which I've used for, ooh, nearly two minutes now. Very heavy on the
bandwidth, but pretty responsive.

HTH

John