To install eciadsl: sudo dpgk -i eciadsl_0.10-1_i386.deb?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sun May 8 03:07:39 UTC 2005

la, 2005-05-07 kello 22:30 -0400, Stephen R Laniel kirjoitti:
> On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 05:18:40AM +0300, Ari Torhamo wrote:
> > Can I install the eciadsl package by downloading it and doing
> >
> > sudo dpgk -i  eciadsl_0.10-1_i386.deb
>
> Why couldn't you just install the eciadsl package from
> Ubuntu? Do

Hi Stephen,

I can't connect the machine in question to the internet before I have
installed and configured eciadsl - that's what the package is for, it's
a driver for an USB ADSL modem. Are you sure eciadsl_0.10-1_i386.deb
isn't an Ubuntu package? I found it in
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/e/eciadsl/ .

> the .deb depends on another package, which you then have to
> download and install with dpkg; that dependency has its own
> dependencies, and so forth.

It says in eciadsl package properties (in Synaptic) that it depends on
libc6 (ppp and hotplug recommended). I seems to me that libc6 is a part
of default Hoary installation and thus there wouldn't be any depency
problems. I may well have misunderstood something here though - I know
hardly anything about this kind of stuff.

Regards,

Ari