Almost no backports in amd64? or: How to use backports in amd64

Alf-Ivar Holm alfh at student.matnat.uio.no
Fri May 6 16:05:35 UTC 2005

Gerhard Gaußling <ggrubbish at web.de> writes:

> I'm wondering how to use the backports for Hoary amd64.

Your /etc/apt/sources.list looks good.

> But I can't find any packages from the backports repository by using
> apt-cache. Is there another way to get those information?

You can direct your browser to:

    http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/

and then find the link to browse the actual repository. (It's the same
link as above append with "backports/")

> For example I read, that firefox 1.0.3 is in the backport repos, but I
> can't find it

Neither did I, by browsing.  Where did you read that?

> Is the backport repository maybe empty for the amd64 arch?

Not entirely, but mostly, compared to the 386 arch.

	Affi