Almost no backports in amd64? or: How to use backports in amd64

Gerhard Gaußling ggrubbish at web.de
Fri May 6 16:40:49 UTC 2005

Hello Alf-Ivar,

Am Friday 06 May 2005 18:05 schrieb Alf-Ivar Holm:
> Gerhard Gaußling <ggrubbish at web.de> writes:
> > For example I read, that firefox 1.0.3 is in the backport repos,
> > but I can't find it
> Neither did I, by browsing.  Where did you read that?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=29727&highlight=firefox+1.0.3
Hmm..., a search for firefox, 1.0.3, amd64 in ubuntuforums.org shows
only *this* thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/search.php?searchid=684783

> > Is the backport repository maybe empty for the amd64 arch?
> Not entirely, but mostly, compared to the 386 arch.

I think you're wrong:
http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/backports/announce
[b]Packaging Status:[/b]
i386 -- Staging at revision
amd64 -- Not packaged
ppc -- Not packaged

And all packages.gz under amd64 were empty (0 byte).

So,my assumption is, that there are no backports for amd64. Am I right?

Kind regards

Gerhard Gaußling