deleting packages

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Fri May 6 01:07:43 UTC 2005

Since evolution is a part of the ubuntu desktop, you are removing the
ubuntu desktop and that's just fine if you don't need evolution.

ubuntu-desktop is a meta package that just depends on other packages.
In other words, it's safe to remove.  One thing to look out for is
that if ubuntu 5.10 includes new things in the ubuntu desktop. They
will not be added to your system.

/Erik