vncserver and hoary

paulnec ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed May 4 22:09:39 UTC 2005

Hello it's me again.

I have just found an article while browsing:

"....You can do exactly what you want simply by adding an xmodmap in
your

~/.vnc/xstartup file.  This should assign fixed codes to the keys you
need

before any keys are automatically assigned due to being pressed.  Once
they've

been assigned these fixed codes, Xvnc will use them rather than
assigning its

own codes.  For example:

xmodmap -e "keycode 255 = Insert" -e "keycode 254 = Num_Lock"

Maybe we could start the "real" vncserver and add many assignment rules
in the xstartup to work around.

I am very short of time.

I will report if this hint is a solution.

....... if anybody is faster, please post.

--
paulnec