Digital TV tuner support

George Wright fiddlesticks at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 16:05:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:12:52 +0000, Lyndon Drake <lyndon at arotau.com> wrote:
> I have a Hauppauge Nova-T digital PCI TV tuner card.  This card does not
> currently work in Ubuntu (warty or hoary), as it requires patches from
> the linux-dvb project [1].  The 2.6.11 image in hoary locks up on my pc,
> but apparently even that kernel needs additional patches for the
> relevant driver to work (it's the cx88 driver).  I tried and failed to
> get the linux-dvb patches to merge with the ubuntu kernel source
> package.

HI.

I've built 2.6.10 with inotify and recent(ish) cx88-dvb patches
applied. The kernel is here

http://klee.fred.dexy.org/~geow/kernel-2.6.10.inotify+cx88-dvb.deb

I'm not sure how it works with the hal/ gnome-volume-manager stuff,
but it works for my K-world DVB-T card, and I think the relevant
cx88-dvb patches are good for you too.

Let me know how you get on

Regards

George