Installation report for Acer TravelMate 8100

ford42 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Mar 22 12:52:03 UTC 2005

Vincent,
Can you post your XF86Config-4 file for me and some advice.  I
cannot get the ATI drivers to work.  I tried installing the RPM with
alien.  I also followed a websites directions for compiling the ATI
driver (latest) into debian.  I made a debian package, installed that,
but again, didn't work.  At the end of my X11 log, the failure lists
all of the supported cards (doesn't list ATI Mobility Radeon X700, but
lists several other X700 cards).  After that:

"(II) Primary Device is:  PCI"
"(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device"
"(EE) No devices detected"
Fatal server error:
no screens found

I am not having fun here.  :(