Installation report for Acer TravelMate 8100

Gary Coady gary at lyranthe.org
Tue Mar 22 12:03:38 UTC 2005

wax_weasle wrote:
> Good to hear that acpi is already fixed in 2.6.12. Do you have good
> performance  with the dvd or is it just like us?

Well - ACPI works - only with the patch I pointed out. It doesn't look
like it's currently in a fit state to be added to the kernel, but "it
works for me".

My DVD actually wasn't detected at all in my test 2.6.12-rc1
installation - probably because I hadn't enabled ATAPI support in
libata, so I can't say how it performs right now.

There's a lot of SATA development going on right now, so the changeset
mentioned here might help:
http://seclists.org/lists/linux-kernel/2005/Mar/0622.html

It hasn't been pulled into Linus' bk yet, but it seems to have a number
of potentially relevant changes.

I'll try out the above this evening, if nobody else has had a chance to
do so.

Gary.