No sound when playing .wmv files

George Wright fiddlesticks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:43:31 UTC 2005

Hi

a friend has the same problem. I tried both the .deb of win32codecs
(and also later tried by installing the codecs bundle from the mplayer
home page, and symlinked it into the  correct directory)  and
repeatably, some .wmv files play without sound.

I can put these somewhere if anyone else woud like to see them

They play fine in mplayer (albeit not a full screen, but I think
that's a problem with his video card..) with sound.

Using hoary.

Any thoughts? This is the vaguest bug report, I know.

George