Panasonic Lumix support

Lyndon Drake lyndon at arotau.com
Sat Mar 12 22:16:58 UTC 2005

When I plug my camera (a Panasonic Lumix) in, a dialog pops up asking me
if I want to import my photos.  However, because my camera is not
directly supported by gtkam, the import photos doesn't achieve anything.

Fortunately, the camera is a USB mass storage device so it gets mounted
automatically and shows up in Nautilus, but I think that the behaviour
is a bit confusing.  Could the import photos dialog be modified to only
appear when a supported camera is plugged in?

One other thing worth considering is that most digital cameras appear to
have a convention about the directory name under which the photos are
stored (dcim IIRC) - could Nautilus open that directory rather than the
root directory when a USB mass storage-compatible camera is plugged in?

Regards,
Lyndon

--
Lyndon Drake <lyndon at arotau.com>