any KVMs known to work with Ubuntu?

Tony tony.kruse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:48:35 UTC 2005

I have been using an IOGear Miniview USB KVM switch for a couple of
years and it has worked with most operating systems, including many
versions of Linux.  Occasionally if an operating system has been
running for some time and I switch to it from another, it may fail to
pick up either the USB keyboard or mouse.  Sometimes it can be
corrected by cycling through the switch again, else I usually have to
shutdown and reboot.  To avoiding hard rebooting, I usually have a
ps/2 keyboard plugged directly to the motherboard.  I have had
sporadic problems with USB KVM's and Knoppix type distros.

I have had little problem with it and Ubuntu.