any KVMs known to work with Ubuntu?

Ryan Thiessen ryanthiessen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:29:46 UTC 2005

A friend of mine is having a hell of a time getting his KVM working
with Ubuntu.  He's tried the fixes posted on this list and others
including the psmouse proto=bare fix and the xf86config fix, neither
of which work.  He is looking to replace his ps/2 based setup with a
USB KVM switch.  Unfortunately there is no KVM category on the wiki
hardware database, so I don't know what to recommend or it will even
work.

So I'm wondering, is there anyone on this list using a USB kvm switch,
and does it work by default in warty and/or hoary?  If my friend could
have a known working setup that would help a lot.
--
Cheers,
-rt-