SSH won't accept passwords

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 17:31:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:23:16 +0100, Philippe Landau <lists at mailry.net> wrote:

> of course i am again talking about something i don't know ;-)
> through synaptic, he could completely remove openssh-server
> and then install it again.
> also, you could setup ssh public-key authentication.
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/SSHHowto
> and there is the possibility to block ip numbers,
> so this is something he could check too.
> also try a password with only numbers.

Thanks Philippe (and Eamonn). More things to tweak (or not tweak) is a
good start. I've been doing this all on my own LAN just fine, so I
think my "clients" are fine - we'll just have to check out his server
when I talk to him again. This guy is a Mac user, so he knows the
"Terminal" exists, but I pretty much have to walk him through
everything. I guess we were all there once though. :o)

> brilliant as always, but i like http://nologo.org/ ;-)
> a map of the indigenous people of the earth would be a great wallpaper.

Thanks! I liked the general design of nologo.org but I didn't see any
artwork there per se. If you know where I can get some data or
pictures to use when constructing your map, I'd be happy to play with
the idea. :o)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu