Dual Head, Xinerama, and brightness

Luis Murillo lmurillo at gmx.net
Mon Jun 27 22:36:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 09:52 +1200, Daniel Cross wrote:
[...]
> 1) I have to run the screen depths at 16.  If I run at 24 the 17” only
> displays the top half of the display.

unlike Windows, which can handle different resolutions on each monitor,
Linux can't do the same. As to what I've heard it's xinerama's fault ;)

> 2) The brightness of this screen is horrible.  I have the brightness
> up 100% on the monitor, but it is still very dim.

I too have this problem, I have the brightness and contrast to 100% but
colors are not what they should be. The darker stuff, such as the
wallpaper and gkrellm, tends to get darker when there's something
brighter, like a white page in abiword or evolution.

I have a nVidia GeForce MX4000 and my resolution is 1024x768x24. I've
tried to modify the settings on the nvidia-settings but got the same
results :(
It's hard to watch a movie in these conditions. If anyone knows how to
fix this, please help

[...]
--
Luis Murillo M.
lmurillo at gmx.net
Heredia, Costa Rica

GPG KeyID: D66B35FD
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D66B35FD