Firewire External Harddisk

gm c gm_c2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 20:17:09 UTC 2005

I presently have kubuntu installed. It uses udev. when I put a audio
cd in the drive a icon pops up on desktop. When I plug in my externel
drive I have to run konqueror and sellect storage devices which
mounts partitions in /media. When I had ubuntu installed I remember
that when I plugin/powerup externel drive icons poped up on gnome
desktop.
I am using 2.6.10. maybe different result with 2.4.x.
If no message in /var/log/messages I think modules are not loaded.
Instead of insmod try modprobe. must have ieee1394,ohci1394 and sbp2
installed or in kernel.
give more details of what you did and what you get and dont get.
mike