Breeze, libwine and xlibmesa-glu

Markus Kolb ubuntu-ml at tower-net.de
Mon Jun 20 17:15:24 UTC 2005

Joel Alexandre wrote on Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 17:24:31 +0100:

> Markus Kolb wrote:
[...]
> >Why you are using Breezy when you are so alone without support?
> >

> well, i used debian for about 2 years and always used sid.
>
> when i installed warty, some packages where a bit old and i moved to
> hoary. Some time after hoary became final, o changed to breeze.
>
> yesterday, before sending my mail to the mailing list i saw something
> about hoary  backports.
> How are they? are they updated frequently?
>

> i guess i'm going to move to hoary.

You can't say anything valid for all backported packages. It differs a
lot. With security in mind you should choose only a few backported
packages because I think the backporters have not the resources to watch
every package for latest changes in "real time".
Most backporters do their packaging work from time to time and so each
backport is not updated with each new version in Breezy.

If you want (and need) the newest available version you should continue
the way you do right now. But remember you are using a development
branch where developers work and make mistakes on.

Backports are a good choice if you need a _few_ newer packages because
you see bugs which makes your daily work difficult and/or there are new
features which you can't really miss during daily work.