During routine update, package conflict between base-files and mysql-shared

Todd Deshane deshantm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 19:43:49 UTC 2005

Thanks for the help everybody.  It turns out there is a mysql-server-4.1
in hoary universe.  I cleaned out the mysql packages from mysql.com
and put that in, fixed permissions and everything i need is working. I
was able to successfully do the apt-get upgrade :)

For anyone interested, I was looking around for how to figure out
where packages were installed from and found:
apt-cache showpkg <pkgname>

This also gives information on depedencies and provides.

Thanks again for all the quick replies and information,
this list and the Ubuntu community has been very helpful.

I hope to continue work with and also help out whenever I
can. Keep up the good work.

Todd