iBook Hoary Users

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 14:52:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:34:45 -0400
"Scott J. Henson" <scotth at csee.wvu.edu> wrote:

SJH> volvoguy wrote:
SJH>
SJH> >You didn't happen to figure out any wireless solutions yet did
SJH> >you? :o) I'm saving up for a 30Gb to 100Gb hard drive upgrade and
SJH> >I'd love to put Ubuntu back on it - but it's not much use without
SJH> >a net connection (especially when you're a web designer!).
SJH> >
SJH> >
SJH> >
SJH> Just out of curiosity, how are you planning on installing that new
SJH> hard drive?  I'm asking cause my drive just died and its out of
SJH> warentee and I'm looking for a good way to replace it and not pay
SJH> Apple.

When I had such a problem with my 12" G3 iBook, I found:
http://uk.geocities.com/ibookupgrade/
to be very good. But it took a whole morning.

For other models try looking for something like "ibook hard drive
replace" or "ibook disk upgrade".

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |