apt-proxy Sarge and Ubuntu at the same time?

Bengt Thuree bengt at thuree.com
Fri Jun 10 22:36:48 UTC 2005

Hej

I have my fileserver and some other servers running Debian/Sarge, while
my workstation and MythTV is running Ubuntu.

I would like to use APT-PROXY on one computer so I do not have to
download everything more than once.

It worked fine with apt-proxy V1, although I found that Ubuntu and
Debian repositories did not work well together in apt-proxy, so I ended
up having two separate repositories as well as port numbers. One (9999)
for Debian, and another (9998) for Ubuntu.

Now, they have released apt-proxy V2, and I do not know how to enable
two processes running and listening on two different ports at the same
time. I have not found anyway to launch apt-proxyV2 with a specific
configuration file.

Does anyone else use Apt-proxy, and in particular with both Debian and
Ubuntu. How have you solved it?

Thanks in advance

/Bengt
--