apt-proxy Sarge and Ubuntu at the same time?

Conall O'Brien conall+ubuntu at conall.net
Sun Jun 12 02:58:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:36:48PM IST, Bengt Thuree
<bengt at thuree.com> incoherently babbled:

Hello,

> Does anyone else use Apt-proxy, and in particular with both Debian and
> Ubuntu. How have you solved it?

I haven't used apt-proxy before, but I find a good caching web proxy
has the same effect with Debian servers on multiple networks I admin.

I don't see any reason why a caching proxy can't work for both Debian
and Ubuntu, provided you have 2 consistant /etc/apt/sources.list files,
one for your Debian systems, the second for your Ubuntu systems.

Personally, I use Squid as a web proxy, but it can be overkill for a
small lan. Take a look at oops on Ubuntu or polipo on Debian or
Ubuntu (although I don't have experience with either)

--

Conall O'Brien

+353 (0)87 9194139 | http://www.conall.net

GPG Key: http://www.conall.net/gpg/

"Daddy, what does FORMATTING DRIVE C mean?"