Setting up Local Area Network (Dazed & Confused)

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Fri Jun 10 21:19:49 UTC 2005

On vr, 2005-06-10 at 14:10 -0700, Alex Ferguson wrote:

> So, could somebody point me to a NEWBIE TUTORIAL or
> something? Or tell me what to do, in general (Meaning,
> IP in one has to be this, in the other it has to be
> that, gateway in no.2 has to be IP of no.1 and all
> that).I'd really appreciate all help given.ALL HELP.

On the windows machine, enable internet connection sharing for the card
going to the ubuntu pc. On the ubuntu machine, let it use DHCP for
configuration (windows ICS contaqins a dhcp server)

Windows will set up the card correctly, dhcp will set it up correctly on
the ubuntu machine.
--
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntulinux.org