Help installing HP PSC 1610 in Ubuntu

Niran Babalola iamniran at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 07:48:00 UTC 2005

I have a PSC 1210, and things basically worked out of the box for me.
For printing, I went to the add printer dialog, and my printer was
listed as one of the drivers. The PSC 1610 isn't listed there, but all
of the HP printers in that family of printers (if not all of them) use
the same driver. Try adding your printer as a PSC 1600 and see if it
works. For scanning, mine worked out of the box when I tried scanning
with XSane. Try to remove the hplip drivers you installed and see if
it printing and scanning work with the included (hpijs) drivers.

- Niran