Help installing HP PSC 1610 in Ubuntu

Pablo Wolter pwolter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:48:06 UTC 2005

Niran Babalola wrote:

>I have a PSC 1210, and things basically worked out of the box for me.
>For printing, I went to the add printer dialog, and my printer was
>listed as one of the drivers. The PSC 1610 isn't listed there, but all
>of the HP printers in that family of printers (if not all of them) use
>the same driver. Try adding your printer as a PSC 1600 and see if it
>works. For scanning, mine worked out of the box when I tried scanning
>with XSane. Try to remove the hplip drivers you installed and see if
>it printing and scanning work with the included (hpijs) drivers.
>
>- Niran

I try first ti make it work out of the box, but when I start Xsane it
scans for devices and don't found anyone. I start configuring my printer
with the drives that come out of the box without results, then I delete
them and try the ones that I download from HP site without results as well.

I have heard about people that was succesfull in using and installing
this kind of printer in Debian Sid, Ubuntu is a kind os Sid so I guess
I'm missing something.

Thanks.