stopping my isp from updating my resolv.conf (mmealman, kaarsemaker)

עמיחי תאומים Amichai Teumim amichai.teumim at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 08:46:57 UTC 2005

Ok I did the resolvconf thing. It seems to work. It finds my modems IP
and the dns server, the combination seems to work. It seems when one is
missing it doesn't. makes sense?

Anyway...I also edited /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf

This is what it looks like now:

prepend domain-name-servers 4.2.2.1; 4.2.2.2; 4.2.2.3
request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
	domain-name, host-name, netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope;

I removed 127.0.0.1 and replaced it with 4.2.2.1,blah blah blah (see
above) uncommenting prepend.

I also removed dns-name-servers from request.

Is the format correct? Does this work like this?

Thanks

-amichai