Window Maker Install

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at dnet.net.au
Thu Jun 2 10:31:16 UTC 2005

G'day there One & All,

	About a week ago, someone emailed me off list regarding a problem they
were having installing WindowMaker. This person sent to me the error
message they were given.

	I apologize here for not responding sooner and also for not using your
name. My problem is that I received your mail on my Linux box and at the
moment I can't send from it. I'm writing this from Windows, but can't
read my other mailbox. I will respond to you personally when I sort
myself out.

	For the moment, it appears that some of the libraries you have already
on your system are newer than the ones in your wmaker source/package. I
suggest that you perhaps get the latest code from the links on the
WindowMaker site www.windowmaker.org and perhaps seek advice from their
mailing list which is accessed from the same site.

	I found that the install from Ubuntu's package worked flawlessly so
that's another option instead of compiling your own (unless that's what
you were doing to start with).

Be in touch soon, I hope. Apologies again.

Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia