Man-wai Chang mwchang at
Wed Jun 1 08:01:55 UTC 2005

Man-wai Chang wrote:
> I am gettinga  a 500 intenral server error when trying to access the
> archive using apt-get. Is it off-line? I tried using firefox to get the
> same file and the server is not responding.

More detail:

root at brother:/etc/apt # apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  linux-image-2.6.10-5-386 linux-source-2.6.10
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 53.1MB of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Err hoary-security/main
linux-image-2.6.10-5-386 2.6.10-34.1
  Bad header line [IP: 80]
Err hoary-security/main linux-source-2.6.10
  Bad header line [IP: 80]
Failed to fetch
 Bad header line [IP: 80]
Failed to fetch
 Bad header line [IP: 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with