Installing Ubuntu

Austin Kenny kennyau at cs.tcd.ie
Wed Jun 1 09:10:18 UTC 2005

This is probably a simple issue to solve.
I am a fedora and a debian user.
I would like to migrate to UBUNTU. BUT:
I downloaded the Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary Hedgehog version (ISO file) and wrote it
to a CD. Loaded the CD to the Computer which has fedora, adjusted the BIOS
so CDROM loads first. Restarted the computer but the UBUNTU operating system
never initializes.

One thing is I don't know a lot about ISO files. I read on the site that I
might need to create a floppy boot disk I have no Floppy drive so that rules
that out.

Can some one point me in the right direction.

Austin Kenny
kennyau at cs.tcd.ie
Trinity College Dublin
Knowledge Data Engineering Group