AMD Turion 64 Laptop Advice?

Dr_Willis ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Jul 30 17:00:10 UTC 2005

Curently useing a Compaq V2311US laptop with a Turion ML-28 CPU. It was
on sale and dang cheap.

As far as i have been able to research - the CPU itself is not an issue
with linux, However the special features of the laptops CAN be a huge
issue.

So far I have Ubuntu Hoary working 'ok' which is to say that I cant get
DMA enabled for the hard drive, the X200 video card is having to use the
VESA drivers.

I havent even tried to get wireless working.

But over all its useable.

So in Summary - if you want a well supported laptop at this time. You
may want to look at last years  machines. i highly suggest one with
Nvidia video.

With my last linux/laptop efforts - the linux support eventually grew
into supporting the new laptops in a few months time.

Good luck.

\\:D/

--
Dr_Willis