Ubuntu Hoary - Upgrade to latest subversion release

Gregory Piñero gregpinero at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:55:51 UTC 2005

Thanks Shot!  That sounds great.  I can't wait to try it out hopefully
this weekend.

Just for learning's sake, let me try to restate the big picture to
make sure I'm understanding it:
So the big picture here is that we download Subversion from Breezy
which then needs mostly things from Hoary but a few things from
Breezy.  So we install all of those things.  Now whenever I use apt to
do any kind of updates everything from Hoary gets updated fine, and
the Breezy stuff gets ignored?
The reason this is a better method than making a standalone compile of
Subversion from source is that the hoary dependencies still get
updated and tracked normally, and apt still knows about Subversion in
some sense?

Thanks,

-Greg