Ubuntu Hoary - Upgrade to latest subversion release
Shot - Piotr Szotkowski
shot at hot.pl
Thu Jul 28 20:45:06 UTC 2005
> I'm really anxious to get subversion working. Would you
> mind explaining your reccomended approach a bit more?
Sure. Sorry for the delay.
1. It looks like `apt-get build-dep` doesn't honour
the pinning, so I had to get the dependecies "by hand".
2. I went to http://packages.ubuntu.com/subversion, clicked "breezy",
scrolled down to "Source Package: subversion" and clicked that:
3. I fired up aptitude and installed (from Hoary) all of the
build-depends except for swig (Hoary has 1.3.22, subversion
requires >= 1.3.24) plus build-essential and fakeroot.
4. I had to build Breezy's swig first. Great. I clicked swig,
scrolled down to "Source Package: swig1.3" and clicked that:
5. Fired up aptitude and installed (from
Hoary) all of swig1.3's bild-depends.
6. Downloaded swig1.3_1.3.24.orig.tar.gz
7. `tar xzvf swig1.3_1.3.24.orig.tar.gz`
8. `gunzip swig1.3_1.3.24-1ubuntu3.diff.gz`
9. `patch -p0 < swig1.3_1.3.24-1ubuntu3.diff`
10. `cd` to the created directory, `chmod +x debian/rules`
11. `fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage`
12. Time passes. It is getting dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
13. `cd ..` and `dpkg-deb -f swig_1.3.24-1ubuntu3_i386.deb`, to check
whether any packages from Depends: are missing - if so, get them from
14. `sudo dpkg -i swig_1.3.24-1ubuntu3_i386.deb`
15. Repeat points 6.-14. for subversion package(s).
Hope it all works for you as well; if not - let us know. :o)
GRUB, by contrast, _can_ read filesystems, and is best described as
a minimal OS which has the basic function of falling on its own sword
for the good of the Emperor Penguin. -- Karsten M. Self, debian-user
====================== http://shot.pl/hovercraft/ === http://shot.pl/1/125/ ===
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ubuntu-users